How to align the print head using the Windows printer driver...
The following information applies to all Epson printers Note: Photos may differ slightly from your model however, the instructions are similar. Consult your manual for model specific infomation.
Note: Your printer must be directly connected to your computer (not on a network) to use the Print Head Alignment utility.
Make sure the printer is turned on, but not printing, and letter-size plain paper is loaded.
Caution: Load paper that's at least 8.27 inches (210 mm) wide to prevent ink from spraying inside the printer and smudging your printouts.
- Access the printer software. For instructions, see Accessing the printer software.
- Click the Utility tab, click the Print Head Alignment button and then follow the on-screen instructions to print a test page.
- The printer will print a test page containing the 4 patterns similar to the one shown below. For each pattern, choose the vertical line that is aligned best (straightest) and note its line number.
- On your screen, you will see a Print Head Alignment window like the one shown below. In the box labeled #1, select the line number you chose for pattern #1 in step 8. Repeat this
procedure for boxes 2-4 (select the line number you chose for pattern #2 on the page to determine the number you enter in box #2, etc.). Then follow the step below that applies to you:
- If you chose the middle line (number 8) for each pattern on the printed page in step 8, click the Next button.
Note: Different model numbers will have different "middle lines". The middle line can be determined by the number shown in each box of the Print Head Alignment Dialog box shown above.
- If you chose a line other than number 8 for any of the printed patterns in step 8, click the Realignment button and then repeat steps 8-9.
- The printer will print a second test page. Repeat steps 8-9 until the middle line (Number 8) is the straightest. When you have finished, click Next. and then finish.