Article last updated March 8, 2023
How to print from iPad to HP printer using Apple AirPrint
Apple AirPrint is an integrated print driver that enables printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the vast majority of HP printers
Configure the printer's network link
1. Ensure that the printer and your Apple device share the same wireless network.
2. Ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled on your Apple device and that the box next to the name of your local Wi-Fi network is checked. If you are currently connected to a different network, tap your network's name to join it.
3. Restart the printer and then check the status of its network connection. Touchscreen-enabled control panels for printers: To view the network connection status, tap the Wireless icon or access the Network Settings or Setup menu.
4. Ensure the light next to the wireless icon or button is lit and not blinking on printers without a touchscreen control panel. If the printer is not connected, proceed to the following step.
5. Connect the printer to the network after placing it within range of the Wi-Fi router's signal.
6. Touchscreen-enabled control panels for printers: Open the Setup, Network, or Wireless settings menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the on-screen prompts to enter the network name and password.
7. Press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds, or until the wireless indicator begins to flash, on printers without a touchscreen control panel. To initiate the connection process, press and hold the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on the router for two minutes. The printer's wireless indicator ceases flashing once the connection is established.
8. Printers: HP Deskjet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango. Press and hold the Wi-Fi and Power buttons on the back of the printer for five seconds, until the blue bar begins to flash. Press and hold the WPS button on the router for two minutes until the connection process begins. When the connection is complete, the blue bar ceases flashing.
Apple mobile device printing
Print documents, photos, and web pages from compatible iPhone and iPad applications.
1. Verify that the printer is turned on, that the cartridges are installed, and that the paper to be printed on is loaded in the correct paper tray.
2. Tap the Share icon or the menu icon after opening the item you wish to print.
3. Scroll down and select Print from the list of available options.
4. Select your printer, followed by the print job settings including paper size, number of copies, and page range.
Remember: The available settings depend on the printing app, the print job type, and the printer. Install the HP Smart app for additional scanning settings and tools.