DCP-8045DCartridge prices starting at $30.99
Shop Cartridges for DCP-8045D
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replacing a toner cartridge for the Brother DCP-8045D is easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Open the front cover.
- Pull out the drum unit. Adjacent components may be hot so be careful about touching other parts of the machine.
- Hold down the lock lever on the right and pull the old toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Remove the new toner cartridge from its packaging.
- Gently rock the new toner cartridge from side to side five to six times to evenly distribute toner inside the cartridge.
- Remove protective covering on the new toner cartridge.
- Insert the new toner cartridge into the drum unit until it clicks into place. The lock lever will automatically lift if the cartridge is put in properly.
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the blue tab right to left a few times. Return the blue tab to the Home position.
- Insert the drum unit back into the machine.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are high-yield toner cartridges?
High-yield toner cartridges have higher capacities than standard toner cartridges, making them more economical to use.
Are there precautions to replacing toner cartridges?
To prevent toner spills, place the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of disposable paper during the replacement. Do not touch electrodes in the machine as well to prevent damage due to static electricity.
Do you have guarantees in place?
All compatible Brother DR510 drum units and compatible Brother TN570 (replaces TN540) high-yield black toner cartridge are guaranteed to work with the Brother DCP-8045D or you get your money back--no questions asked.