Brother HL-1230 Ink & Toner
Cartridge prices starting at $19.95
Lower your printing costs while using the Brother HL-1230—get Inkjets' more affordable compatible drum unit and toner cartridge. Genuine counterparts of these items can cost up to 75% more so you end up paying more for cartridges than the printer itself. So, make that switch before you go broke. Buy our Compatible Brother DR400 Black Drum Unit and Compatible Brother TN460 Black High-Yield Toner Cartridge and see how much you can save with our low-priced alternatives. And in terms of print quality, well there's hardly any difference. To show how confident we are with this claim, we even backed our compatible Brother products with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Let us know if you're not satisfied with your purchase, and we'll give you a full refund.
How To Replace Cartridge(s)
By following this simple guide, you will be able to replace the toner cartridge on the Brother HL-1230:
- Open the front cover of the HL-1230.
- Slide the drum unit assembly out of the machine, Be careful not to touch the electrodes below to avoid damaging the printer.
- Put the drum unit assembly gently on a flat, horizontal surface to avoid toner spill or scatter.
- While pressing down the lock lever, slide the used toner cartridge out of the drum unit assembly.
- Remove the replacement toner cartridge from its packaging.
- Distribute the toner by lightly rocking the cartridge horizontally 5 or 6 times.
- The protective cover from the cartridge should be pulled out.
- Make sure that the toner cartridge is properly installed by pushing it firmly inside the drum unit.
- The lock lever will lift automatically if the toner cartridge is secured into place.
- Don't forget to clean the primary corona wire by lightly sliding the blue tab back and forth.
- Place the drum unit assembly back into the printer. Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
I just replaced the drum unit on my Brother HL-1230, but why does the Drum LED still continue to light?
If the Drum LED continues to light after installing a new drum unit, it means the drum counter was not reset after the installation. Make sure to reset the drum to resolve the issue.
When do I replace the toner cartridge on my Brother HL-1230?
You must replace the toner cartridge when the “Toner Empty" message appears on the LCD.
If I choose the standard shipping option, how many days will it take for my Brother TN460 & DR400 High-Yield Compatible Toner & Drum Cartridge 3-Piece Combo Pack order to arrive?
Orders shipped via standard ground shipping usually take 3 to 8 business days to arrive.
Cartridges compatible with your Brother HL-1230 Printer
Regular Price: $115.95
Special Price $68.95
Regular Price: $113.95
Special Price $27.95