Cartridge prices starting at $27.95
Designed for homes and small offices, the Brother HL-1440 is an affordable, dependable laser printer offering space-saving compact form, maximum flexibility with PCL4 support for DOS printing, a generous 250-sheet paper-input capacity, and an innovative web-based user system.
Consumables for the Brother HL-1440 include compatible Brother TN460 (replaces TN430) high-yield black toner cartridges and Brother DR400 black drum units. Both are available individually with discounts or as part of a three-piece combo pack offering more savings. All consumables are guaranteed compatible and won't void your printer warranty.
Buy $30 and more to take advantage of our free shipping promo. Shop today!
How To Replace Cartridge
Replacing a toner cartridge for the Brother HL-1440 is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Open the front cover.
- Pull out the drum unit assembly from the machine.
- Place drum unit assembly on a flat surface covered with a piece of disposable cloth or paper to prevent toner stains.
- Press the lock lever down and pull out the toner cartridge from the drum unit assembly.
- Remove new toner cartridge from packaging. Gently rock it side to side horizontally a few times to evenly distribute toner inside.
- Remove protective covering on new toner cartridge.
- Insert new toner cartridge into drum unit, pushing it in until it clicks into place. Lock lever will lift automatically when toner cartridge is installed correctly.
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the blue tab from left to right and right to left a few times. Return tab to home position.
- Insert drum unit assembly back into machine.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are high-yield toner cartridges?
High-yield toner cartridges like Brother TN460 (replaces TN430) black toner cartridges have higher capacities than standard toner cartridges, giving them more page yields.
What are page yields?
Page yields are the estimated number of pages that toner cartridges and drum units can produce. Brother TN460 high-yield black toner cartridges have page yields of 6,000 while Brother DR400 black drum units have page yields of 20,000.
Should toner cartridges and drum units be replaced at the same time?
Only when both are no longer unable to produce prints. Toner cartridges and drum units for the Brother HL-1440 have different page yields so they will stop producing quality prints at different times.
Cartridges compatible with your Brother HL-1440 Toner
Regular Price: $115.95
Special Price $64.95
Regular Price: $113.95
Special Price $29.95