Brother HL-5170D TonerCartridge prices starting at $26.95
Shop Cartridges for HL-5170D
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Piece Combo Pack
Special Price $45.95 As low as $43.952 Cartridges / $22.98 ea
- (2) TN570 Black
- (1) DR510 Drum Unit
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replacing a toner cartridge for the Brother HL-5170D is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Press the cover release button to open the front cover of the printer.
- Pull out the drum unit assembly.
- Push down the lock lever and pull the old toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Remove the new toner cartridge from its packaging.
- Gently rock the new toner cartridge from side to side five to six times to evenly distribute toner inside.
- Remove protective covering on the new toner cartridge.
- Insert the new toner cartridge into the drum unit until it locks into place. The lock lever will automatically lift if the cartridge is put in properly.
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the blue tab right to left a few times. Return the blue tab to the Home position.
- Insert the drum unit assembly back into the machine.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between compatible and remanufactured toner cartridges?
Compatible toner cartridges are brand-new, non-OEM cartridges while remanufactured toner cartridges have been repurposed and made like new.
Are there precautions to handling toner cartridges?
Toner cartridges are sensitive to light so don't leave them exposed for more than a few minutes. Install toner cartridges right away to limit exposure and prevent issues with print quality.
Do you have guarantees in place?
All our compatible Brother DR510 drum units and compatible Brother TN570 (replaces TN540) high-yield black toner cartridges for the Brother HL-5170D are guaranteed to work or you get your money back--no questions asked.