Brother HL-5170DN TonerCartridge prices starting at $26.95
Shop Cartridges for HL-5170DN
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Piece Combo Pack
Special Price $45.95 As low as $43.952 Cartridges / $22.98 ea
- (2) TN570 Black
- (1) DR510 Drum Unit
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here is a step-by-step guide to replace the toner cartridge on the Brother HL-5170DN:
- To open the front cover, push the release button on the HL-5170DN.
- Gently slide the drum unit assembly out of the printer to access the toner cartridge.
- The drum unit has a blue lock lever that you need to push to remove the old toner cartridge.
- Once removed, seal the toner cartridge tightly, and then set it aside for recycling.
- Take the replacement toner cartridge out of the protective box. Then, pull the protective cover out of the cartridge.
- Slide the toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until it latches into position. If the lock lever lifts automatically, it means the cartridge is properly inserted.
- It is important to clean the primary corona wire, so slide the blue tab from side to side and return it to its home position.
- Reinstall the drum unit assembly, and then close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to replace the Brother HL-5170DN toner cartridge when the Toner LED alternately turns on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds?
Not necessarily. When the Toner LED alternates turning on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds, it means the toner cartridge is running low on toner. Make sure to order a new toner cartridge and have it ready before the old cartridge gets empty.
How would I know if it's the drum unit and not the toner cartridge that needs replacement?
The toner cartridge and the drum unit have separate LEDs on the printer control panel. If it's the Drum LED that alternately turns on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds, then that means it's the drum unit that's nearing the end of its life.
How much do you charge for orders below $30?
We charge a nominal shipping charge of $3.95 for orders below $30 and shipping to any of the 48 contiguous states.