Brother HL-5170DN Ink & Toner
Cartridge prices starting at $27.95
The Brother HL-5170DN monochrome laser printer with automatic duplex printing is the best choice for the busy home or small office. With fast print speeds of up to 21 pages per minute, this reliable machine works as hard as you do while its compact design is ideal for smaller spaces. In terms of maintenance, this does not necessarily require expensive genuine ink cartridges to work efficiently and deliver high output quality. Even with our more affordable Brother DR510 Compatible Drum Unit and Brother TN570 Compatible Black High-Yield Toner Cartridge, performance is still at 100% and output quality is on par with what you get from the originals. Buy our compatibles and enjoy up to 60% savings!
How To Replace Cartridge(s)
Here is a step-by-step guide to replace the toner cartridge on the Brother HL-5170DN:
- To open the front cover, push the release button on the HL-5170DN.
- Gently slide the drum unit assembly out of the printer to access the toner cartridge.
- The drum unit has a blue lock lever that you need to push to remove the old toner cartridge.
- Once removed, seal the toner cartridge tightly, and then set it aside for recycling.
- Take the replacement toner cartridge out of the protective box. Then, pull the protective cover out of the cartridge.
- Slide the toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until it latches into position. If the lock lever lifts automatically, it means the cartridge is properly inserted.
- It is important to clean the primary corona wire, so slide the blue tab from side to side and return it to its home position.
- Reinstall the drum unit assembly, and then close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to replace the Brother HL-5170DN toner cartridge when the Toner LED alternately turns on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds?
Not necessarily. When the Toner LED alternates turning on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds, it means the toner cartridge is running low on toner. Make sure to order a new toner cartridge and have it ready before the old cartridge gets empty.
How would I know if it's the drum unit and not the toner cartridge that needs replacement?
The toner cartridge and the drum unit have separate LEDs on the printer control panel. If it's the Drum LED that alternately turns on for 2 seconds and off for 3 seconds, then that means it's the drum unit that's nearing the end of its life.
How much do you charge for orders below $30?
We charge a nominal shipping charge of $3.95 for orders below $30 and shipping to any of the 48 contiguous states.
Cartridges compatible with your Brother HL-5170DN Printer
Regular Price: $89.95
Special Price $45.95
Regular Price: $69.95
Special Price $29.95