HL-5240Cartridge prices starting at $25.99
Shop Cartridges for HL-5240
- Brother TN580 & DR520 High-Yield Compatible 3-Piece Combo Pack
Includes 2 High-Yield Compatible Toner Cartridges, and 1 Compatible Drum UnitLearn More$59.993 Cartridges / $ ea
- Brother TN580 Compatible Black Jumbo Toner Cartridge 12,000 Page Yield
- Compatible Brother TN580 Toner Cartridge Black High-Yield (Replaces TN550) 7,500 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Open the printer’s front cover by pressing the front cover release button.
- Pull out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly from the machine.
- Press down the blue lock lever and then remove the used toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge. Then, hold it on both ends and gently shake it side to side to distribute the ink inside evenly.
- Remove the protective cover of the new toner cartridge, and then install it firmly into the drum unit until it locks into place.
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by carefully sliding the blue tab left to right several times.
- Place the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the printer. Close the machine’s front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a toner cartridge and a drum unit?
A toner cartridge is the component that contains the ink in powder format. On the other hand, the drum unit is the part that transfers the ink from the toner cartridge into the paper when printing. The BROTHER HL-5240 requires both a toner cartridges and drum unit to print.
Do I need all four colors of toner cartridge to print?
It is recommended that all toner cartridges are filled with ink when printing. This is to ensure that none of the cartridges nor the drum unit are overworked and that the quality of the ink is preserved.
Does this toner work with other Brother printers?
Yes. Please see the list of compatible Brother printers on the individual product pages.