Brother HL-5450DN TonerCartridge prices starting at $29.95
Shop Cartridges for HL-5450DN
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Before you replace the toner cartridge, make sure that the printer is powered on.
- Open the front cover of the machine by pressing the front cover release button.
- Pull out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
- Remove the used toner cartridge from the drum unit by pushing down the green lock lever.
- Take the new toner cartridge out of its packaging and then shake it gently side to side several times to distribute the ink inside evenly.
- Remove the new toner’s protective cover.
- Install the new toner cartridge into the drum unit and make sure that it clicks into place.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by carefully sliding the green tab left to right several times.
- Push the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the printer.
- Close the machine’s front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the difference between the toner cartridge and the drum unit?
The toner cartridge is the part that contains the ink, which is in powder form. The drum unit, on the other hand, is the component responsible for transferring the ink from the toner cartridge to the paper when you’re printing.
- How many pages can I get from this toner?
Our Brother TN780 Compatible Black Super High-Yield Toner Cartridge has a page yield of 8,000 pages. Please note that if you print frequently, the page yield of the toner may adjust as well.
- Can I use this toner with other printers?
Yes. This toner is compatible with several Brother printers. Check our individual product pages to see if your printer is compatible.