MFC-290CCartridge prices starting at $6.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-290C
- Compatible Brother LC61 Ink Cartridge 10-Piece Combo Pack
Special Price $24.9510 Cartridges / $2.2 ea
- (4) LC61 Black
- (2) LC61 Cyan
- (2) LC61 Magenta
- (2) LC61 Yellow
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here are the steps to replacing the ink cartridge on the Brother MFC-290C:
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
- Unlock the release lever by pressing down on it, and then remove the old ink cartridge.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from the package.
- Rotate the green knob on the protective yellow cap counterclockwise so that the vacuum seal will be released.
- Remove the protective yellow cap.
- Insert the new ink cartridge into the correct slot.
- Carefully push the ink cartridge until it clicks into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
The 'B&W Print Only' error message suddenly appears on my Brother MFC-290C LCD. What does it mean?
The 'B&W Print Only' error message often indicates that one or more of the color ink cartridges are empty. Replace the empty ink cartridge soon.
What to do when the 'Cannot Detect' error message appears on the LCD?
The 'Cannot Detect' error message indicates either you installed the cartridge too quickly and the printer did not detect it or you installed the cartridge incorrectly. Remove the new ink cartridge from the printer and reinstall it slowly and properly until it locks into place.
I only need a single ink cartridge. Will you sell the Brother LC61BK Compatible Black Ink Cartridge individually?
As of now, we only sell the Brother LC61BK Compatible Black Ink Cartridge in twin pack. But you can always contact our Customer Service Department regarding your concern.