MFC-290CCartridge prices starting at $8.95
What do you like most about the Brother MFC-290C? Is it the fast print speeds of up to 30ppm black and 25ppm color? Or is it because it allows unattended fax, copy and scan with its 15-page auto document feeder? Or maybe its 4-ink cartridge system that allows you to replace only the cartridge that needs replacement? Whatever the reason, the MFC-290C is sure a good choice. So, if it starts running low on ink, equip it with only the best ink cartridge there is. Inkjets is your reliable online source of high-quality compatible Brother ink cartridges and printer supplies. Choose from our twin packs and combo packs, such as the Brother LC61 Compatible High-Yield 10-Piece Combo Pack. Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.
Shop Cartridges for MFC-290C
- Best SellerBrother LC61 Compatible Ink Cartridge 10-Pack Combo
$23.95 As low as $19.9510 Cartridges / $ ea
- (4) LC61 Black
- (2) LC61 Cyan
- (2) LC61 Magenta
- (2) LC61 Yellow
- Best SellerBrother LC61 Compatible Ink Cartridge 5-Pack Combo
Includes 2 LC61 Black, 1 LC61 Cyan, 1 LC61 Magenta, and 1 LC61 Yellow Compatible Ink CartridgesLearn More$14.955 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC61C Compatible Cyan Ink Cartridge Twin Pack 1500 Page Yield
Includes 2 Brother LC61C Cyan Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerCompatible Brother LC61BK Black Ink Cartridge Twin Pack 1200 Page Yield
Includes 2 Brother LC61BK Black Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC61Y Compatible Yellow Ink Cartridge Twin Pack 1500 Page Yield
Includes 2 Brother LC61Y Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Best SellerBrother LC61M Compatible Magenta Ink Cartridge Twin Pack 1500 Page Yield
Includes 2 Brother LC61M Magenta Compatible Ink Cartridges.Learn More$8.952 Cartridges / $ ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here are the steps to replacing the ink cartridge on the Brother MFC-290C:
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
- Unlock the release lever by pressing down on it, and then remove the old ink cartridge.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from the package.
- Rotate the green knob on the protective yellow cap counterclockwise so that the vacuum seal will be released.
- Remove the protective yellow cap.
- Insert the new ink cartridge into the correct slot.
- Carefully push the ink cartridge until it clicks into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
The 'B&W Print Only' error message suddenly appears on my Brother MFC-290C LCD. What does it mean?
The 'B&W Print Only' error message often indicates that one or more of the color ink cartridges are empty. Replace the empty ink cartridge soon.
What to do when the 'Cannot Detect' error message appears on the LCD?
The 'Cannot Detect' error message indicates either you installed the cartridge too quickly and the printer did not detect it or you installed the cartridge incorrectly. Remove the new ink cartridge from the printer and reinstall it slowly and properly until it locks into place.
I only need a single ink cartridge. Will you sell the Brother LC61BK Compatible Black Ink Cartridge individually?
As of now, we only sell the Brother LC61BK Compatible Black Ink Cartridge in twin pack. But you can always contact our Customer Service Department regarding your concern.