Brother MFC-5440CN InkCartridge prices starting at $6.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-5440CN
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replacing ink cartridges on the Brother MFC-5440CN can be done in minutes. Here are the steps:
- Lift the scanner cover from the right-hand side of the Brother MFC-5440CN. Remove your hand when it already locks securely into the open position.
- Remove the ink cartridge that needs replacement by pulling the ink cartridge hook toward you.
- Take the new ink cartridge out of the bag, and remove its cartridge cover before you install it into the printer.
- Insert the new cartridge into the slot. Make sure to hold the cartridge in an upright position when you do this; otherwise, ink might spill.
- Press down on the new cartridge until the hook latches securely above it.
- Lift the scanner cover to release the lock, and then lower the cover slowly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did I still get the "INK EMPTY" error message after replacing the empty ink cartridges in my Brother MFC-5440CN?
The "INK EMPTY" error message often appears if you failed to select "Yes" when the LCD verified the replacement you made. Try reinstalling the new cartridges and make sure to select "Yes" this time.
What does the "Near Empty [Black] error message mean?
A "Near Empty [Black] error message means the black ink cartridge is running low on ink. To clear this error message from the LCD, you must replace the black ink cartridge with a new one immediately.
If my order is made via mail, how many days will it take for my order to arrive?
You have to note that check payments for mail-in orders are verified prior to shipping. If it's your first time to pay with a check, expect your order to be shipped only after the 10-day business day bank clearance hold is lifted.