MFC-8880DNCartridge prices starting at $28.99
Shop Cartridges for MFC-8880DN
- Compatible Brother TN650 & DR620 Toner Cartridge 3-Pack Combo
$65.993 Cartridges / $ ea
- (2) TN650 Black
- (1) DR620 Drum
- Compatible Brother TN650 Toner Cartridge Black High-Yield (Replaces TN620) 8,000 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here's a step-by-step guide to replacing the toner cartridge on the Brother MFC-8880DN:
- Press the release button and open the printer cover.
- Pull the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly out of the MFC-8880DN.
- Press down the blue lock lever and pull the old toner cartridge out of the assembly.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge, and gently shake it to distribute the toner inside evenly.
- Slide the protective cover out of the toner cartridge. Then, insert the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until it clicks into place.
- Clean the primary corona wire, and then put the drum unit assembly back into the printer.
- Close the front cover of the printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
I just replaced the toner cartridge and the drum unit on my Brother MFC-8880DN, but how come there is no printout?
If you've just installed a new drum unit and a new toner cartridge but there's no printout, then it's most likely that both consumables were not installed correctly. Try removing them from your MFC-8880DN and reinstall them properly.
Toner specks appear on the printouts. What could be the problem?
Toner specks may be due to a dirty corona wire in the drum unit or a damaged drum unit. You may try cleaning the corona wire first to resolve the issue. If toner specks still appear, then you may replace the drum unit.
What does the 'Drum Error' message indicate?
The 'Drum Error' message indicates that the drum unit has reached the end of its life. Get a replacement drum unit and install it as soon as you see this message.