Brother MFC-9840CDW TonerCartridge prices starting at $29.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-9840CDW
- Special Price $109.95
- Brother TN115 (Replaces TN110) Remanufactured High-Yield Toner 4-Piece Combo PackIncludes 1 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, and 1 Yellow, Remanufactured High-Yield Toner Cartridges Learn MoreSpecial Price $99.95 As low as $89.954 Cartridges / $24.99 ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
- Hold the green handle of the drum unit. Lift the drum unit up and then pull it out until it stops.
- Hold the handle of the toner cartridge and pull it out of the drum unit. Repeat this for all the toner cartridges.
- Clean the corona wires. Push to release the latches of the white corona wire and then open the cover.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times.
- Close the corona wire cover.
- Repeat cleaning the corona wire for each of the three remaining corona wires.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge. Hold the cartridge level with both hands and gently rock it from side to side five or six times to spread the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
- Remove the protective cover.
- Hold the handle of the toner cartridge and slide the toner cartridge into the drum unit. Make sure that you match the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the drum unit, and make sure that you fold down the toner cartridge handle once the toner cartridge is in place. Repeat this for all toner cartridges.
- Push the drum unit in until it stops.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to replace my toner cartridge and drum unit at the same time?
Rarely. The toner cartridge and drum unit are separate components in your printer, and actually have different page yields. Typically, a drum unit has a significantly higher page yield than a toner cartridge, so toner cartridges need to be replaced more often than drum units. But, there may be times that the run out at the same time, and both need to be replaced.
What’s the difference between the drum unit at the toner cartridge?
The drum unit is what holds the toner cartridge in the printer, and transfers the ink from the toner cartridge to the paper. When you replace your toner cartridge, this is the piece of your printer that can be pulled out. The toner cartridge is what contains the different inks your printer uses.
How can I get free shipping?
If your order reaches certain conditions, we can offer free shipping. First, your delivery address must be within the US mainland. This includes all 48 mainland US states, and excludes Alaska and Hawaii. Second, your order must exceed $30, not including tax. If your purchase meets these two conditions, we can give you free shipping.