MFC-J985DW XLCartridge prices starting at $8.95
Ideal for home offices, the Brother MFC-J985DW XL makes it easy to print and scan from almost any device or computer thanks to wireless connectivity. Easy to use, it also features automatic duplexing functionality, economical ink use, a touchscreen display for convenient navigation, and scan-to-cloud services.
Replacement ink cartridges for the Brother MFC-J985DW XL include the Brother LC20EBK Compatible Black High-Yield Ink Cartridge, the Brother LC20EM Compatible Magenta High-Yield Ink Cartridge, the Brother LC20EC Compatible Cyan High-Yield Ink Cartridge, and the Brother LC20EY Compatible Yellow High-Yield Ink Cartridge. Get them individually and enjoy more than 70% in discounts or take advantage of our combo packs for bigger savings.
Shop today! All orders and up get free shipping.
Shop Cartridges for MFC-J985DW XL
- Best SellerCompatible Brother LC20E Ink Cartridge Extra High-Yield 4-Piece Combo Pack
$19.954 Cartridges / $ ea
- (1) LC20E Black
- (1) LC20E Cyan
- (1) LC20E Magenta
- (1) LC20E Yellow
- Brother LC20EM Compatible Magenta High-Yield Ink Cartridge 1200 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
To replace an ink cartridge for the Brother MFC-J985DW XL, simply follow these easy steps:
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
- Press the lock release lever to release the old ink cartridge to be replaced. Remove the old ink cartridge from its slot.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging. Remove protective covering on the new ink cartridge. DO NOT SHAKE THE NEW INK CARTRIDGE.
- Insert the new ink cartridge into its corresponding slot following the direction of the arrow on the label.
- Gently press on the area marked “PUSH” until the new ink cartridge latches.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- The printer automatically resets the ink dot counter after cartridge replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I store replacement ink cartridges?
Of course! Just make sure to keep them sealed in their packages and to keep them in a cool, dry place. Stored properly, our Brother LC20EBK Compatible Black High-Yield Ink Cartridge, the Brother LC20EM Compatible Magenta High-Yield Ink Cartridge, the Brother LC20EC Compatible Cyan High-Yield Ink Cartridge, and the Brother LC20EY Compatible Yellow High-Yield Ink Cartridge for the Brother MFC-J985DW XL will stay in good working condition for up to two years.
What's the difference between compatible and remanufactured cartridges?
Both are guaranteed to be of quality after passing Inkjets.com's stringent checks, but compatible cartridges are brand-new, non-OEM cartridges while remanufactured cartridges are repurposed cartridges made like new.
What's the difference between toner and ink cartridges?
Toner cartridges are designed for use with laser printers and copiers while ink cartridges are made for inkjet machines.