Canon PC140 TonerCartridge prices starting at $36.95
Shop Cartridges for PC140
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here’s how to replace the toner cartridge on the Canon PC140:
- Slide the platen to the left until the mark is exposed.
- Open the top cover by pressing the top cover release button.
- Grip the end of the empty cartridge and pull it out from the copier.
- Get the new cartridge and remove it from its protective bag.
- Hold the cartridge level so that the side with the written instructions is facing upward and rock it gently 5 or 6 times to distribute the toner inside evenly.
- Pull the entire length of the sealing tape out of the cartridge.
- Carefully insert the cartridge into the copier as far as it will go until it clicks into place.
- Close the top cover and return the platen to the center position.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I have to remove the sealing tape carefully from the new cartridge before inserting it into the Canon PC140?
You have to remove the sealing tape carefully to ensure it won’t break because if it does, you can no longer use the cartridge in the PC140.
What does it mean when light bands start appearing on the copies?
When light bands appear on the copies, it means the cartridge is running low on toner. Order a replacement toner cartridge before the copier totally runs out of toner.
How do I ensure all the toner is used up?
When your copier starts running low on toner, remove the cartridge and shake it a few times to redistribute the remaining toner inside. This will allow you to use up all the remaining toner inside the cartridge.