DesignJet 5940Cartridge prices starting at $12.95
No PC? No problem. Print photos directly from PictBridge-enabled cameras using the front USB port of the HP Designjet 5940. Now, you can print on the go at up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi for black and up to 4800 optimized dpi for color. But how about the ink—do you have spare cartridges on hand? Inkjets has got you covered on these. Check out our wide selection of remanufactured HP ink cartridges. We rebuilt them to the highest-quality standards, so you’d get the same print quality without spending much. Purchase our HP 96 & HP 97 3-Piece Combo Pack to enjoy even more savings.
Shop Cartridges for DesignJet 5940
- Best SellerHP 96 (C8767WN) & 97 (C9363WN) Remanufactured Ink Cartridge 4-Pack
$48.954 Cartridges / $ ea
- (3) HP 96 (C8767WN) Black
- (1) HP 97 (C9363WN) Tri-Color
- Best SellerRemanufactured HP 96 & HP 97 Ink Cartridge 3-Piece Combo Pack
$37.953 Cartridges / $ ea
- (2) 96 Black (C8767WN)
- (1) 97 Color (C9363WN)
- Best SellerRemanufactured HP 98 & 95 3-Piece Combo Pack
$34.953 Cartridges / $ ea
- (2) 98 Black (C9364WN)
- (1) 95 Color (C8766WN)
- Best SellerHP 95 Tri-Color (C8766WN) Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
$27.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- (2) HP 95 Tri-Color (C8766WN)
- Best SellerHP 97 Tri-Color (C9363WN) Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
$24.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- (2) HP 97 Tri-Color (C9363WN)
- Best SellerHP 96 Black (C8767WN) Remanufactured High Yield Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
$23.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- (2) HP 96 Black (C8767WN)
- Best SellerHP 98 Black (C9364WN) Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
$20.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- (2) HP 98 Black (C9364WN) Black
- Remanufactured HP 96 Ink Cartridge Black High-Yield (C8767WN) 860 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here’s how to install a new ink cartridge on the HP Designjet 5940:
- Make sure that the Designjet 5940 is turned on.
- Load letter or A4 plain, white paper in the ‘In’ tray.
- Open the printer cover and wait until the print cartridge cradles moves to the right side of the printer.
- Once the print cartridge is idle and quiet, press down on the empty ink cartridge and slide it out of the printer.
- Take the new ink cartridge out of the package and remove its plastic tape.
- Slide the new cartridge into the cradle until it locks into place.
- Close the printer cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I identify the correct side of the cradle in which to install the ink cartridges?
To easily identify where to install the ink cartridges inside the printer, match the symbol on the ink cartridge label with the symbol above the print cartridge cradle.
What cartridges should I install on my HP Designjet 5940 if I use it mainly for printing documents?
If you use your HP Designjet 5940 mainly for printing documents, we recommend you use the tri-color ink cartridge and the black ink cartridge.
Can I continue to print even if there’s only one ink cartridge installed?
Yes. The Designjet 5940 is designed to operate on ink-backup mode if only one ink cartridge is installed.