HP ENVY 5640 e-All-in-One InkCartridge prices starting at $34.95
Shop Cartridges for ENVY 5640
- Remanufactured HP 62XL Ink Cartridge High-Yield 2-Piece Combo PackIncludes 1 Black, and 1 Color Remanufactured High-Yield Ink Cartridges Learn MoreSpecial Price $69.95 As low as $67.952 Cartridges / $38.98 ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here's how to replace the HP Envy 5640 E-All-in-One ink cartridge:
- Hold the handle on the input tray and pull it toward you to open it. Now, push in the photo tray and slide the paper width guide as far as possible. Load paper into the input tray, and then push the input tray in.
- Turn on your HP Envy 5640. Then, open the cartridge access door by lifting it up.
- Lightly press down on the empty ink cartridge to release it from the slot. Then, lift it out of the printer.
- Unpack the replacement ink cartridge. Pull the orange tab to remove the plastic tape from the cartridge.
- Insert the empty cartridge into the slot in a slight upward angle. Then, gently push it up until it locks into place.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to replace another cartridge.
- Close the cartridge access door and touch OK on the printer control panel.
Frequently Asked Questions
I just installed new ink cartridges but the HP Envy 5640 did not print an alignment page. What to do?
If your HP printer did not print an alignment page, you can do it manually from the printer control panel. Just make sure paper is loaded into the input tray before you begin.
Can I interchange the positions of the HP 62XL Color and Black ink cartridges?
No. The HP 62XL color ink cartridge must always be inserted into the left slot while the HP 62XL black ink cartridge must be inserted into the right slot.
Is there any other notable reason, aside from savings, why I should use high-yield ink cartridges?
Aside from savings, using high-yield ink cartridges helps save the environment. Since they contain more ink and print more pages, they don't have to be replaced as often as you would with standard cartridges. Using them, then, helps reduce the number of cartridges being thrown in landfills.