HP LaserJet Enterprise M506dn TonerCartridge prices starting at $37.95
Shop Cartridges for LaserJet Enterprise M506dn
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
To replace the toner cartridge on the HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN, follow the steps below:
- Press the top-cover-release button on the left side of the M506DN to open the front door.
- Grasp the used toner cartridge and pull it out of the printer.
- Get the new toner cartridge and remove it from the package.
- Hold both ends of the new cartridge and gently rock it 5 or 6 times to distribute the toner evenly.
- Align the new cartridge with its slot, and slide it into the printer as far as it will go until it locks securely.
- Close the front door.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I continue printing when the HP Laserjet Enterprise M506DN already indicates that the toner cartridge level is low?
Yes. Just remove the toner cartridge and rock it a few times to redistribute the remaining toner inside the cartridge. This will allow you to print a few more pages until it no longer yields acceptable print quality.
Do I need to order a replacement as soon as the printer indicates a low toner cartridge level?
Yes. It pays to have a replacement cartridge available to install once the print quality is no longer acceptable.
What is the difference between the HP 87X and the HP 87A compatible black toner cartridges?
The HP 87X and the HP 87A compatible black toner cartridges differ in the amount of toner that they contain. The compatible HP 87X is the high-yield version, so it contains more toner and as a result, it yields more pages than the standard compatible HP 87A toner cartridge.