PhotoSmart C4240Cartridge prices starting at $19.95
Shop Cartridges for PhotoSmart C4240
- Remanufactured HP 74 & 75 Ink Cartridge High-Yield 3-Piece Combo Pack
$33.953 Cartridges / $ ea
- (2) 74XL Black (CB336WN)
- (1) 75XL Color (CB338WN)
- HP 75XL (CB338WN) Remanufactured Color High-Yield Ink Cartridge Twin Pack
Includes 2 HP 75XL Color Remanufactured High-Yield Ink Cartridges.Learn More$28.952 Cartridges / $ ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Make sure the HP All-in-One is on.
- Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
- Open the print cartridge door. The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
- Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print cartridge to release it. If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the slot on the left. If you are replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the slot on the right.
- Pull the print cartridge toward you out of its slot.
- If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print cartridge, store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector or an airtight plastic container.
- Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
- Slide the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push the upper part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket. If you are installing the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot. If you are installing a black or photo print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
- Close the print cartridge door. If you installed a new print cartridge, the HP All-in-One prints a print cartridge alignment page.
- When prompted, ensure plain white paper is loaded in the input tray, then press the button next to OK.
- Place the page print side down on the scanner glass and then press the button next to OK to scan the page. When the On button stops flashing, the alignment is complete and the page can be removed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does "remanufactured" mean?
A cartridge is "remanufactured" when it is recycled for use. These cartridges are cleaned, inspected, and refilled with new ink.
What's the difference between tri-color ink and photo ink?
Tri-color ink is used for everyday color printing. Photo ink is used instead of black ink and is paired with tri-color ink in your machine to allow for high-quality photo printing.
Can I use photo ink instead of colored ink?
No. For regular colored printing, you must use your black ink cartridge with your tri-color ink cartridge. Photo ink can only be used when paired with your tri-color ink to print high quality photos.