X4690Cartridge prices starting at $17.95
Shop Cartridges for X4690
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
- Turn on the machine by pressing the power button.
- Lift the scanner unit and wait for the print cartridge carrier to finish moving to its loading position.
- Press down on the cartridge carrier latch and raise the cartridge carrier lid. Then, remove the used ink cartridge from the printer.
- Take the new ink cartridge out of its packaging and remove the tape from its back and bottom. Remember not to touch the golden contacts on the cartridge as doing so may result to ink failures and bad electrical connections.
- Insert the new ink cartridge in its correct position in the printer. Then, close the cartridge carrier lid.
- Place the scanner unit back into its original position and close the printer properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean when an ink cartridge is remanufactured?
When original ink cartridges are used and emptied, they are forwarded to authorized remanufacturing facilities so that they may be recycled. Remanufacturing an ink cartridge involves cleaning it thoroughly and refilling it to capacity so that it has the same page yield when it was still brand new.
What is the shelf life of this ink?
This ink has a shelf life of 18-24 months. To help preserve the ink’s quality, it is recommended that you store unopened boxes of ink in a place away from direct heat and sunlight.
What other Lexmark printers is this ink compatible with?
You may use this ink with Lexmark X2690, X4690, X5690, Z2390, Z2490, and Z2520. Should you require further assistance in finding the right ink for your machine, please feel free to send us a message via web chat or call our hotline.