DCP-8040Cartridge prices starting at $30.99
Shop Cartridges for DCP-8040
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Pack Combo
$57.992 Cartridges / $ ea
- (1) TN570 Black
- (1) DR510 Drum Unit
- Brother TN570 (Replaces TN540) Compatible Black High-Yield Toner Cartridge 6,700 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here are the steps to replacing the toner cartridge on the Brother DCP-8040:
- Open the front cover.
- Hold the printer with one hand and the drum unit assembly with the other hand. Then, pull the drum unit out of the DCP-8040.
- Push down the lock lever, and then remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit assembly.
- Remove the packaging and protective cover of the new toner cartridge.
- Insert the new cartridge into the drum unit until it clicks into place.
- Lightly slide the blue tab from side to side to clean the primary corona wire.
- Place the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly back into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
How would I know if the toner cartridge on the Brother DCP-8040 is running low on toner?
When the toner cartridge is running low, the ‘Toner Low’ alert message appears on the DCP-8040 LCD.
Do I have to immediately replace the toner cartridge when it starts to run low on toner?
Not necessarily. But we highly suggest you keep a new toner cartridge ready for use when the cartridge gets totally depleted.
Should I replace the drum unit immediately after the ‘Change Drum Soon’ appears on the LCD?
No. The ‘Change Drum Soon’ error message simply indicates that the drum unit is nearing the end of its life. But you’d better order a new drum unit soon to avoid any hassle once the old one becomes empty.