Cartridge prices starting at $24.95
Ideal for home or small office use, the Brother HL-2040 monochrome laser printer delivers high output quality at 2400 x 600 dpi resolution and up to 600 dpi with Linux. It prints at speeds of up to 20 pages per minute, with the first page out in less than 10 seconds, and it comes with a generous 250-sheet paper input capacity so you can save time refilling paper. And when its starter toner cartridge and drum unit run out of toner, you can always get cheaper alternatives to expensive OEM supplies. Here at Inkjets, we offer up to 70% savings on our Brother DR350 Compatible Black Drum Unit and Brother TN350 Compatible Black Laser Toner Cartridge. Buy your needed replacement here today!
How To Replace Cartridge
Follow the steps below to replace the toner cartridge on the Brother HL-2040:
- Open the front cover of the HL-2040.
- Grab the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly, lift it up slightly, and pull it out of the printer.
- Press down the blue locking lever to remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Remove the new toner cartridge from the package and gently rock it to distribute the toner evenly.
- Remove the protective cover from the bottom of the new cartridge.
- Insert the new toner cartridge onto the drum unit and press it down gently until it locks into place. The lock lever will lift automatically.
- Clean the primary corona wire in the drum unit, and then put the drum unit assembly back into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
When the Toner LED is lit, does it mean it's time to replace the toner cartridge on my Brother HL-2040?
When the Toner LED is lit, it could mean one of two things: the HL-2040 has run out of toner or the toner is not evenly distributed inside the cartridge. Try removing the cartridge first and shake it to redistribute the toner before reinstalling it back into the printer. If the Toner LED stays lit after doing this, then you may replace the toner cartridge.
Why is it necessary to clean the inside of the HL-2040 after replacing the toner cartridge?
Cleaning the inside of the HL-2040 is necessary after replacing the toner cartridge to maintain optimal print quality.
What should I do if toner scatters on my clothes during installation?
If toner scatters on your clothes, you must immediately wipe or wash it off with cold water.
Cartridges compatible with your Brother HL-2040 ink
Regular Price: $94.99
Special Price $47.95
Regular Price: $89.95
Special Price $32.95