Brother HL-5100 TonerCartridge prices starting at $26.95
Shop Cartridges for HL-5100
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Piece Combo Pack
Special Price $45.95 As low as $43.952 Cartridges / $22.98 ea
- (2) TN570 Black
- (1) DR510 Drum Unit
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replace the toner cartridge on the Brother HL-5100 by following the steps below:
- Press the cover release button and then open the front cover of the printer.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the printer.
- Push down the blue lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge and shake it from side to side several times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
- Pull off the protective cover, and then put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit.
- Clean the primary corona wire and insert the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if it’s time to replace the drum unit on the Brother HL-5100?
When the Drum LED blinks continuously, it means the drum unit is near the end of its life.
I just replaced the toner cartridges on my Brother printer, but the whole page was too light when I tried printing. What could be the problem?
If the whole page is too light even with newly installed cartridges, it may be because the Toner Save mode is on. You may turn off this feature in the printer Properties tab of the driver.
When ghosting occurs on the printed pages, does it mean I have to replace the toner cartridge?
Ghosting is often due to a defective or low drum unit and not a problem on the toner cartridge. Try using a new drum unit to resolve the issue.