Cartridge prices starting at $26.95
Print and scan on-the-go with the Canon ImageClass D1520. This monochrome printer with scanner and copier features the Canon Print business, Apple Air print, Mopria print service, and Google Cloud Print, so you can conveniently print, scan, and copy wherever, whenever. It offers printing speeds of up to 35 pages per minute, with the first page out in less than 6.3 seconds. Plus, it supports the use of USB flash drive in JPEG, TIFF, and PDF formats for added convenience. Got this printer and need to replace its toner cartridge soon? Inkjets.com has got you covered. We offer the Canon 120 Black Compatible Toner Cartridge with the same page yield and performance but at up to 40% savings as compared to its OEM counterpart. Place your order right here or contact us if you’ve got any queries.
How To Replace Cartridge
Here are the steps to replacing the used toner cartridge on the Canon ImageClass D1520:
- Hold down on the release button to open the front cover.
- Grab the used toner cartridge by the handle and firmly pull it out of the D1520.
- Remove the new toner cartridge from its protective bag, and then gently shake it five or six times to distribute the toner inside evenly.
- Put the new cartridge on a flat surface, and carefully pull the entire length of the sealing tape out of the cartridge.
- Hold the new cartridge by the handle and slide it into the printer. Push it as far as it will go until it clicks into place.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if the density or brightness of the copies is different from the originals even with a new toner cartridge installed on the Canon ImageClass D1520?
If the density or brightness of the copies is different from the originals even with a new toner cartridge installed, you need to adjust the gradation and density for copy jobs on your D1520.
Why is it necessary to remove the entire length of the sealing tape from the new toner cartridge during installation?
The sealing tape used to protect the new toner cartridge during shipment should be removed completely prior to installation. If the cartridge is installed with the sealing tape still intact, the quality of the printouts, including the faxes, may deteriorate.
How do I contact customer service for any queries?
For queries, you may call us at 1-972-200-3813 or email us at email@example.com. You may also use our online "Chat Live" feature during regular business hours.