Brother HL-5170DLT TonerCartridge prices starting at $26.95
Shop Cartridges for HL-5170DLT
- Brother TN570 & DR510 High-Yield Compatible 2-Piece Combo Pack
Special Price $45.95 As low as $43.952 Cartridges / $22.98 ea
- (2) TN570 Black
- (1) DR510 Drum Unit
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replacing a toner cartridge for the Brother HL-5170DLT is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Press the cover release button to open the front cover of the printer.
- Pull out the drum unit assembly.
- Push down the lock lever and pull the old toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Remove the new toner cartridge from its packaging.
- Gently rock the new toner cartridge from side to side five to six times to evenly distribute toner inside.
- Remove protective covering on the new toner cartridge.
- Insert the new toner cartridge into the drum unit until it locks into place. The lock lever will automatically lift if the cartridge is put in properly.
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the blue tab right to left a few times. Return the blue tab to the Home position.
- Insert the drum unit assembly back into the machine.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have guarantees in place?
All Inkjets.com compatible Brother DR510 drum units and compatible Brother TN570 (replaces TN540) high-yield black toner cartridges for the Brother HL-5170DLT are guaranteed to work or you get your money back--no questions asked.
Do I have to replace drum units and toner cartridges at the same time?
Not necessarily, as drum units and toner cartridges run out at different times. However, it won't hurt to have replacements ready for when the need arises.
How do I store replacement toner cartridges?
Replacement toner cartridges simply have to be kept in their sealed packages and stored in a cool, dry place away from direct light. Stored right, our replacement toner cartridges will stay in good working condition for 18 months to two years.