HL-5440DCartridge prices starting at $29.95
Shop Cartridges for HL-5440D
- Compatible Brother TN750 Toner Cartridge Black High-Yield 8,000 Page Yield
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Follow the simple steps below if you need to replace the toner cartridge on the Brother HL-5440D:
- Make sure that the HL-5440D is on. Then, press the front cover release button to open the front cover.
- Take the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly out of the printer.
- Push down the blue lock lever and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge and gently shake it from side to side several times to distribute the toner inside evenly.
- Pull off the protective cover. Then, install the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit.
- Clean the primary corona wire and insert the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is a high yield toner cartridge a better option for my Brother HL-5440D?
When most of your print jobs are high in volume and consisting mostly of graphics, bold texts, charts, and images, getting a high yield toner cartridge makes the smarter choice. A high yield cartridge contains more toner, so it can print more pages, including those that consist of more than simple text.
Do I have to order a new toner cartridge once the 'Toner Low' warning appears on the LCD?
Yes. We highly recommend that you keep a new toner cartridge ready when the 'Toner Low' warning appears because it won't be long until the toner cartridge gets totally depleted.
How can I maximize the remaining toner in the cartridge?
To maximize the remaining toner in the cartridge, simply remove the cartridge from the printer and shake it several times to redistribute the remaining toner inside the cartridge. This will allow you to print a few more pages and temporarily improve the print quality.