Brother HL-L5000D TonerCartridge prices starting at $28.95
Shop Cartridges for HL-L5000D
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replace the toner cartridge on the Brother HL-L5000D by following the steps below:
- Make sure that the HL-L5000D is on. Then, open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the machine.
- Push down the green lock lever and separate the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new cartridge and remove its protective cover.
- Push the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place.
- Clean the corona wire inside the drum unit, and then install the new toner cartridge and drum unit assembly back into the machine.
- Close the front cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I replace the drum unit on my Brother HL-L5000D?
The approximate life of the drum unit on an HL-L5000D printer is 30,000 pages. But since there are factors that may affect this expected useful life, you may refer to your printer's LCD display. A 'Replace Drum' error message appearing on the display often indicates the need to replace the drum unit.
Should I replace the toner cartridge and the drum unit on the HL-L5000D at the same time?
No. The toner cartridge and the drum unit are two separate supplies, so you must replace only the consumable that's already damaged or depleted.
How can I place my compatible Brother toner cartridge order?
You may place your order through our website, via phone, or by mail.