Brother MFC-685CW InkCartridge prices starting at $6.95
Shop Cartridges for MFC-685CW
- Brother LC51 Compatible Ink Cartridge 10-Piece Combo PackIncludes 4 Black, 2 Cyan, 2 Magenta, and 2 Yellow Compatible Ink Cartridges Learn MoreSpecial Price $23.95 As low as $19.9510 Cartridges / $2 ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Replace the empty ink cartridge on the Brother MFC-685CW with these easy steps:
- Open the ink cartridge cover. If one or more ink cartridges are empty, for example black, the LCD shows 'Ink Empty Black and Replace Ink.'
- Pull the lock release lever down.
- Take out the ink cartridge for the color displayed on the LCD.
- Open the new ink cartridge bag for the color displayed on the LCD.
- Take out the ink cartridge.
- Remove the protective yellow cap from the ink cartridge.
- Insert the new ink cartridge
- Lift each lock release lever and gently push it until you hear an audible click.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- The printer will automatically reset the ink dot counter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Brother MFC-685CW not printing black even if I just installed a new black ink cartridge?
There are two possible reasons why your MFC-685CW is not printing black even with a new black cartridge installed. One is that the new cartridge might be improperly installed. And two, the printhead might be clogged.
How long does your compatible ink cartridge last since I'm getting the twin pack?
Our compatible Brother ink cartridges have a shelf life of 24 to 36 months. Just make sure to keep the unused ink cartridge in its original packaging and store it in a cool, dry place.
I recently installed compatible ink cartridges on my Brother printer, but then when I tried printing, I got a completely blank page. Are the compatible cartridges to blame for this?
No. A completely blank page could be due to a problem in the printer's hardware or an incorrect setting on the printer driver.