HP OfficeJet J3640 InkCartridge prices starting at $12.95
Shop Cartridges for OfficeJet J3640
- Special Price $41.952 Cartridges / $ ea
- Remanufactured HP 21 & 22 Ink Cartridge 3-Piece Combo Pack
Special Price $35.95 As low as $33.953 Cartridges / $11.98 ea
- (2) 21 Black (C9351AN)
- (1) 22 Color (C9352AN)
- Special Price $29.952 Cartridges / $ ea
How to Replace Cartridge(s)
Here is a step-by-step guide to replacing the ink cartridge on the HP Officejet J3640:
- Ensure that the HP Officejet J3640 is on.
- Open the ink cartridge door and wait for the ink cartridge carriage to move to the far right side of the printer.
- Press down on the empty ink cartridge to release it once the carriage stops and becomes silent.
- Remove the empty cartridge from its slot by pulling it toward you.
- Unpack the new cartridge and make sure to remove the plastic tape before installing.
- Insert the new cartridge into the empty slot and push on its upper part until it is securely seated.
- Close the ink cartridge door.
Frequently Asked Questions
I remove and reinstall the same ink cartridge—do I have to align the print cartridges again on my HP Officejet J3640?
No. The HP Officejet J3640 remembers the alignment values for that reinstalled ink cartridge, so you don't have to realign the cartridges.
Where do I position the black and the tri-color ink cartridges inside the Officejet J3640?
The black and the tri-color ink cartridges have designated slots inside the Officejet J3640. So, when installing them, make sure to insert the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot and the black ink cartridge into the right slot.
What will happen if I accidentally touched the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles on the new cartridge?
Touching the nozzles or copper-colored contacts can lead to bad electrical connections, ink failure, and clogs, so take extra caution when handling the new ink cartridge.